Where can I find the GPU requirement for Acorn 6.6.5

Hi folks,
my Mackbook pro OS 12.10.6 is out of action due to graphics issues. Searching Acorn preferences drew a blank but needed for the next Mac specs. The question is what graphic specs will I need to work with Acorn amongst the various painting apps on offer without going the route of inevitable graphics card failure .

I’d say anything 2015 and later is probably fine for most work. If you can give more info on what type of work in Acorn you’re wanting to do, that would help. Size of images, layers, etc.

Hi there
With a 2011 machine indicating the graphics were not up to the job of painting with layer use minimal. Acorn 6 has many uses on going through the functions . Alas close pixel work may have been the cause of machine graphics card failure. Searching known graphic issues predominately with 2009 - 2013 Macs involving replacing the motherboard which is not worth the outlay when it could just as easily happen again , It looks like 2015 and up when painting with Acorn 6.

Article Updated on December 31, 2020

Hi all

I am as we speak setting up both machines, hence would like advice on
which version of Acorn would work best from the specs below.

(1)
iMac late 2015
OS Catalina 10.15.7 quad i5 1TB
8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
Graphics intel Iris Pro Graphics 6200 1536 MB

(2)
iMac late 2012
OS Catalina 10.15.7 quad i5 1TB
8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics NVIDIA Ge Force GT 640M 512 MB

The newer iMac would probably work best.

Since the crash made me think differently about a better way of organising and locating storage.
These two Macs could be Mac 1 Work , Mac 2 Play and by using Voodoo Pad to tell me where to look not only for word docs and pdf’s but everything on Mac 1&2.
Forget cloud storage -as I don’t work that way- and use a flash drives, bob’s your uncle it would cure more than one problem in one hit.

I don’t write code Gus, as you can probably guess, but I am an Mac operator thinking outside the box. One of the biggest problems is clutter ,possibly the reason for the crash, who knows, not one crash but two btw. Spotlight has limitations when cleaning up and by incorporating a search for whatever one does, prior to filing stuff away, a prog like VP might work
to prevent clutter amongst other functions, which people liked it for in the first place.

I downloaded FlySketch to mess about with. I thought FS would make a tracing app ; it might not, more time needed to read up on how to use it.
In the mean time I need Acorn 6.6.5 same as before the last one went along with my dead MacBook.

I forgot about this Macmost