Smudge Tool is not working

I am trying to get the smudge tool to work, with no luck. Attached is a file showing what the results are when I use the smudge tool… is there something I am missing in the settings?

I am using

Acore 7.03
Mojave 10.14.6

though I didn’t get the exact results I wanted

I just used Acorn 6 and here is the (prefered) results

If you open up Acorn’s fussy prefs, which Renderer: and Backing: options do you have set?

I will have to get back to you on Thursday, I’m not on the computer that has
Acorn 7

Can you open up that image again, press the ‘v’ key twice quickly to bring up the image info palette, and then give me a screenshot of what you see in there?

I’ve bene unable to reproduce this on my end, but probably because I’m doing something slightly different than you.

totally confused now… Opened acorn by command clicking on it and now it smudges the right way… well the way I want it to…

The renderer option changed from OpenGL + IOSurface to Metal + CG/CPU backing. It’s looking like there’s a bug in the GPU driver for your Mac on 10.14. What kind of Mac is this?

There’s not much I can do about it, other than to suggest updating to a newer OS release, where this is probably fixed. Or use the CPU Memory backing, which will be slower for really big images.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)

3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
24 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Macintosh Fusion
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 775M 2 GB

I wish I had this machine to test with, but I don’t.