Selection Tools + Eraser Are Not Working

I recently upgraded from Acorn 4 to Acorn 7 and noticed that now when a selection tool is active on an image, it will not limit the eraser tool. Instead, regardless of what is selected, the eraser tool erases anything it touches regardless of whether it is inside or outside of the active selection. Is this normal? I would think that any tool would be limited by the active selection area, but for the eraser tool, that is mot the case. I will note that for other tools, such as paint brush, it does seem to limit the tool to selected areas, but again, for the eraser tool, it is not working and any area that is touched by the eraser (whether inside or outside the selection area) gets erased. Any ideas as to what could be wrong? TIA!

Hello!

Looks like this bug slipped through accidentally. It’s my #1 priority to get fixed right now, since it’s such an obvious and annoying bug. I’ll let you know when I’ve got a test version to try out.

Thanks for reporting this!

-gus

I believe we now have this fixed in the latest builds: Latest Builds from Flying Meat

When you get a chance, can you try it out and let me know how it works for you?

It works, thank you! Appreciate the quick work on this post!