Raw files corrupted by "Set Metadata" operations

I’m currently evaluating Retrobatch for some workflows and noticed that setting metadata fields like keywords, author or copyright would reproducibly corrupt raw files (at least Panasonic .RW2).
Is this a known bugs? Any workarounds available like writing XMP sidecar files?

Haven’t yet verified if this also affects raw files from other manufacturers (can try it on Nikon)

This isn’t a known issue! Thanks for letting us know, I’ll look into it.

There’s no support for writing sidecar files as of now.

Let me know if you need a copy of the workflow I’m using (really simple one, Read-Files -> Set General Metadata -> Write Files (Original Format)) or a Panasonic RW2 files.

They show up as zero-byte files after being written.

I got it to reproduce. I’ve got it fixed so it no longer writes out zero length files in the latest builds, which you can grab from here: https://flyingmeat.com/download/latest/#retrobatch

The API that I use to write the metadata doesn’t currently support RAW files, so I’ll have to see if I can use a different tool in the future.