I get tool tips whenever I move a selection

Probably a silly question since I’ve only just acquired v6.6.5 (thanks again Gus!) for my (new to me) 2017 iMac running Sierra, and still fumbling with it. I’ve ticked ‘Hide cursor Tool Tips’ in the Prefs, but I’m getting a label popping up, telling me the dimensions of any selection I try to move. It’s informative of course, but tends to be a distraction. Is there a way to turn it off? I can’t see any direct reference to it in the Prefs. TIA.

There’s no way to turn this one off, but it’s obviously an oversight. I’ll get it updated in a 7.x update (I’m no longer putting out updates for the 6.x series of Acorn).

That’s fine, I can live with it. Thanks for responding Gus.

Another very minor point, but a little annoying, is that whenever I use the join-the-dots type selector, the marching ants insist on closing the selection with every step/click I make. This sometimes gets in the way so that I have to "feel’ my way to the next point. This never happened in my (very) old version of Acorn. Is there something in the prefs that I’ve overlooked?

There isn’t any way to do what you’re asking, at least right now. I’ll consider it for a future update.

What was the previous version of Acorn you were using that did this? Both version 5 & 6 closed the selection right away.

Thanks Gus, it’s not a major issue I know. My last Acorn was version 4.5.7 which was pretty awesome even back then! :smiley:

I wanted to let you know that we’ve got this fixed for the next release of Acorn, as well as in the latest builds which you can grab from here: https://flyingmeat.com/download/latest/

thanks,

-gus