Feature request: Simple mode

I’m just getting started with the demo of Retrobatch. It looks like it might suit my needs really well: automating the preparation of photos for websites.

So far, my use case has only a linear progression of nodes, from opening the photos to saving the updated version. I feel it would be easier to add, remove, and re-order the nodes if it worked morel like Automator, with a one-dimensional list that items can be dragged to and from, and re-ordered by drag and drop. I’m spending time doing things not directly related to my goals: arranging the nodes so I have a large photo preview area, moving nodes around when I need to add a new one, and trying put connections back together, and in the correct direction, when they break.

The way I envision it, when creating a new workflow, you’d have the option of Simple or Advanced. Advanced would be what you have now. It might be possible to ‘upgrade’ a Simple workflow to Advanced if it became necessary.

Perhaps I’m just too new to this and I will soon see the necessity for more complicated workflow which require the two-dimensional node arrangement…

Also on a side note I’d love to see dark mode.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback!

That’s an interesting idea and has some real merits to it. We’ll consider it! (And I’ll see about getting a dark mode in at some point as well).

-gus

1 Like

The majority of my workflows are also simple lists. So I’d really like this feature.

1 Like