Feature Request: More metadata fields in "Write Images"

I’d like to access more metadata fields when creating file names. A common set of fields that would be useful in my workflows is the IPTC Location block (Location, City, Country, Region, State…).

A general templating solution that would allow selecting IPTC/EXIF/PNG/TIFF/CIFF fields (that are available in the “Set Specific Metadata” node) when creating folder/file names would be amazing.

This is possible, there’s just no UI for it currently.

You can enter the following string to have it make a folder based on the IPTC City field: $assetMeta.{IPTC}.City$ - it should show up in the write node like the following:

I’ll see about adding a UI for it in a future release.

Awesome, thanks for the quick response, I must have missed it in the manual.

I think this is related— is there a way to add a full Metadata panel, so that you don’t have to add every token? Or maybe to import a metadata set from a dummy image?

Can you explain this a little more? Are you looking for a submenu with all known metadata tokens in there that can be used in the File Name field?

No, I was hoping for a full-on metadata panel like the one in Lightroom, maybe with a saver/loader:

I’ll see what I can do in a future release.

There is the “Set Specific Metadata” node that’ll let you do everything. You just need to pick out what you’re after when using it.