Can I use Scribble on iPad (with Sidecar)?

I love using Acorn on an iPad with the neat “Sidecar” feature. I can use the Pencil in Acorn, and I can even get up and walk around while sketching (as long as I stay in Bluetooth range of my Mac…)

iPad has a neat “scribble” feature - basically handwriting recognition of pencil-written text. But I can’t figure out how to make it work in Acorn (in text fields). Scribble is activated by using a special drawing tool in the iPad’s standard sketch/annotation library (which Acorn isn’t using - I think Apple calls that the “markup” feature). I don’t know if that means it just won’t work or if I’m just holding it wrong. :slight_smile: Or if there’s anything you can do to make it work (hint…).

Cheers
– perry

P.S.: Acorn 7’s unified windows work even better with Sidecar! Thanks.

1 Like

Since sidecar sidesteps all of the iOS event handling, and just sends everything directly to the Mac, then the scribble feature isn’t there. If Apple ever decides to port it to the Mac, then it could probably work. But for now, it’s not possible as far as I know.

-gus

Pity. Thanks for clearing that up.

We do get a crunched-up keyboard on the iPad, so all is not lost. Just less snazzy. :slight_smile:

Cheers
– perry