Acorn extremely slow when using menus

Hello, I’ve been using Acorn for more than a year and everything has been going fine.
But for the past weeks, now when I click any of the options in the top menu, it starts to load for like 5 seconds and the beach ball cursor appears. Then selecting any item takes as long.

I don’t know what might be happening, but I think they started happening when I installed my Wacom driver on my Mac? But I can’t be 100% sure. I can try uninstalling the driver to see if it gets fixed. But I want to know if other people have the same problem.

I’m using a 14-Inch MacBook Pro (2021, M1 Pro) with macOS Ventura 13.0.1.

Thanks!

Hello @giacomo, welcome to the forum!

I’m not aware of any one else having this problem currently. If you update to the latest version of MacOS 13 (which is currently 13.1), I’d love to know if you’re still having the problem.

In addition to that, can you take a “Sample” using the Activity Monitor app? You can do this by finding Acorn in the list, selecting it, then clicking on the info button in the toolbar (a little “i” in a circle). Then in the window that comes up, there’s a button labeled “Sample” in the lower left.

Keep that window up and the Sample button easy to access, switch to Acorn, click on a menu item and then quickly hit the Sample button in the background. It’ll then generate a little report, and if you Save that and send it to support@flyingmeat.com, we can take a look at what might be causing it.

thanks,

-gus