Acorn asking for authorization to record screen

Hi. has anybody been presented with this pop-up ever?
I don’t see any functionality like this that can be activated under this program’s preferences.
What is the purpose of this?

For the time being I’m removing this program from my computer.!

1 Like

There’s two cases when Acorn will need to read the screen.

The first is for the color picker. If you want to use Acorn’s built in color picker to grab colors outside of an image, it’ll need to look at other windows and such.

The second is to make layered screenshots via the Image ▸ New Image from Layered Screenshot. Regular screenshots as well.

“Recording” is a general term- Acorn isn’t actually making movies, it’s just grabbing a single frame from your screen to look at the colors or make images.

-gus

I agree with @rgroenke that I would like to have an option in the settings to disable this feature.
The shortcut works even when acorn is not in focus (since this is the point of the feature) which mean that it can disrupt a workflow when you are using a software that uses the same shortcut.

My solution is to quit Acorn which is not ideal.

You can change the shortcut or even remove it from under Acorn’s General preferences. To remove it, just click the “None” button after clicking the “Change…” button.

Thanks!
The worst is that I was looking for that option and I was on that screen but it seems I totally skipped it. Damn brain.