Acorn 6.5.3 won’t let me select a Bezier anchor point?

I accidentally added too many anchor points to a shape, and now I’m trying to get rid of some of them. When I switch to the Bezier Anchor Select tool and click on the shape, the shape outline goes from the colored dashes to a solid line with white/gray circles. I can click on the white/gray circles all I want, but they don’t change color or indicate a selection state. If I try to press delete (or forward delete) when the white/gray circles are showing, the whole shape is deleted, not just the anchor point I’m trying to get rid of.

Am I doing something wrong? Is this a bug?

It should work as expected, and when I try on my end, it works.

If you make a brand new image, add a simple bezier shape, and then use the anchor select tool, does it work, or does it not allow you to select points again?

Knowing this will help us narrow down where it could be going wrong.

Also- what version of MacOS are you running?

Huh, you’re right, it works fine in a new image. The image I’m working in was created by opening a JPEG in Acorn from the right-click menu, lemme try doing that again to see if it causes the same problem.

Also, I’m on macOS 10.15.3 (one point release behind because I don’t have the free space for the update).

Nope, I can’t reproduce it when I repeat a similar series of steps in a new document. And copying the shape with too many points into the new document and editing it there let me delete the extra points, but it still wouldn’t visually select them quite right. But quitting and re-opening Acorn with the original document still exhibits the same behavior, which is weird.

I can upload that document, if it would help?

Yes! I would love to get my hands on that document. You can upload it somewhere, or just email it to support@flyingmeat.com . Hopefully it’s just a simple little edge case I wasn’t anticipating when editing paths.

1 Like

Sent! Thanks for checking it out :smiley: