Selection Tool burns my eyes down

Hi, I’m Zeros!

I recently bought Acorn 6 to create low-res textures and pixel arts. Pretty much everything works really good for me, but eversince I switched from Acorn 5 to Acorn 6, I noticed a change (or it might be a bug or something). When you select a random area in a low resolution image, everything works just fine.

But as soon as you select all, some kind of rainbow striped giant thing appears. In high resolution images it’s barely noticeable. And it might doesn’t look too bad in this stable picture, but when it’s animated it really hurts to look at it.

I don’t know what I should do, since I couldn’t figure out a way to turn this off. Now I know that there’s an option, where you can make everything unselected appear darker so it won’t do this sparkly color animation, but I don’t like it that way, since it’s really hard to work properly when making color adjustments to specific areas for example.

I thought I might ask you if you know anything about this problem before contacting the support.

Thank you and kind regards

Zeros

That’s crazy! Can you tell me what size your image is, and what zoom level your canvas is set to? Also, what king of GPU does your Mac have? And finally, are you using a Retina display?

Hopefully we can reproduce it on our end and get it fixed.

The image size is 16x16 px.
I am mostly using around 3500% zoom level, but it seems not to matter.
Here’s some information I found about my Mac:
NVIDIA GeForce 9400 256 MB
No Retina Display (as far as I know).

Can you tell me what kind of Mac this is on? Looks like an older model if it has an NVIDIA card in it (not that it should matter- but sometimes it does…)

It is in fact a bit older now. It’s a model from end 2009.
Also, I’m running OSX 10.11.5, I think that’s quite an important fact to consider.

Aha, it’s the 10.11 that’s causing it. I’ll look into it and see what I can find.

Acorn is providing customer service AND support - second to none.

kindest regards - Per Falkjaer

Can you grab the latest build and try it out:
http://flyingmeat.com/download/latest/

It should be fixed in there.

Yes, fortunately it works perfect there. Thank you!
Also thank you for immediately putting it into the App Store Update.
I really appreciate this customer support of yours.

Kindest Regards

Zeros

No problem. And if you got it via the App Store, don’t forget to leave a nice review! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sure thing, thanks for the reminder, just done that. :smiley: