Reading RGB Values
  • In Photoshop there is the eyedropper tool for reading RGB values from 0-255 anywhere in the image. This is especially helpful when trying to neutralize a background color. After extensive searching, I can't find a similar feature on Acorn. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
  • Hello,

You can use the eye dropper which is located at the bottom right hand corner of the tools palette next to the bottom color well, or the eye dropper in the colors palette next to the color swatches.  If this isn't what you're after let us know.

Kirstin
  • Kirsten,
    Thank you for your response. I tried the eye dropper tool previously as you described but can only pick colors with it. I don't see a readout giving me the RGB values for each color channel of the color that the eyedropper is hovering over. For instance, if I'm reading two backgrounds that I want to match each other exactly, with one reading 225, 225, 225 and the other background reading 225, 225, 240 I can see that the second background needs a correction to decrease the blue value. Does Acorn have this ability?

Thanks again for your help.
  • Which version of Acorn are you running and what OS?  Acorn 5 should show you the RGB values as you hover with the eyedropper.  
  • Acorn 5.1 on Mac Yosemite 10.10.5
  • So we're digging into this a little more, and it appears that it's working on some of our machines, and not others.  We'll have to file a bug (and find a workaround for this).  It's actually the system color picker that's doing the values and such- but it _should_ be working.

By any chance- do you have two displays hooked up to your mac?

-gus
  • No, just one Lacie monitor
  • I also just updated my OS to El Capitan and the result is the same.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID