Can't select any font-size between 144 and 288. Bug?
  • Any numbers one types into 'Size' input-field (in Text inspector) are actually typed on the canvas, using the Text tool. How can I select say size 160 font (Helvetica Neue, if it matters)?
  • Version 4.5.1b1 (8912)

PS. I either triggered some "switch" or it's a bug: after Log out the problem resolved. If it helps, the selected input field (the font's Size) would turn grey (instead of blue).
  • Request 1: Is there an equivalent to sizeToFit so that text-selection would snugly fit its actual text-content? This would then help aligning the text with rulers (since the alignment considers the selection, not the actual content). E.g. this below is too-tall and too-narrow. Do I have to fiddle with it manually or is there a shortcut to do so?

Screen Shot 2014-08-15 at 12.50.26

Request 2: is it possible (now or in future version) to switch between Guides orientation (vertical or horizontal), no matter where the Guide is pulled from? Currently, if I want a horizontal Guide I have to pull it from the top Ruler. Why not also from the vertical (and closer) Ruler by using, say, Shift to switch orientations? 
  • If anything prints out in Console.app next time the problem occurs, I'd love to know about it.

for sizeToFit:, the Shape ▸ Make Natural Size menu item will do the trick.

I'll see what I can do about the guides- that's a good idea.  You can also control click on the canvas, and choose "New Guide…" which will give you an option of which type of guide to place.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID